Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Steam Whistle Brewing


I have been told by many people that I should make time to visit Steam Whistle Brewing located just across the street from Rogers Centre and the CN Tower. I walked inside and was immediately greeted by a friendly Trish who offered me a cold, tasty sample of Steam Whistle Pilsner while she gave me the lowdown on the brewery.



Right now the location is hidden by construction in the City of Toronto's Roundhouse Park. The City is adding a bunch of rail tracks to display the railway engines of the Railway Museum. Luckily the still highly visible bright green water tower led me right to the beer.

The tours run every half hour starting at 1pm and running until 5pm Monday to Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. Starting at $8 for the souvenir tour and finishing at $26 with the 12 pack tour I look forward to taking the tour the next time I drop by.



After getting another fresh sample of the merchandise I viewed the current art offering - part of the Contact Photography exhibits.

Check out Steam Whistle's hours, tours and offerings on their website or call (416)362-2337 ext 246 and drop in the next time you are in the area.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They only offer one free sample of beer now but you can buy a bottle of beer at the bar and drink it in the brewery - right now at a cost of $3.50.

Doors Open

Scarborough Bluffs

Pride

Redball

Beaches

Graffiti

Lake Ontario

Nathan Phillips Square

Transportation